Monday, August 27, 2012

Most recent paintings – Ronald McDonald House


I missed most of the fun Janet MacGregor had while preparing a room make-over for one of her favorite places on Earth (as she stated on her blog - see link on right), The Ronald McDonald House in North Portland at Emanuel Hospital.  George the Peacock in his majesty greeted me when I entered a room full of light, very soothing with low contrast horizontal stripes and flowery paintings on one wall. (See Janet’s blog for more details to George). I was lucky enough to be able at least for a day work on finishing some of the amazing flowers Janet created.  

The room adapter asked for a large rose on wall just below window could be enjoyed by someone while resting next on an ottoman.  I remember painting a Rose long time ago, when I was fourteen years old.  At that time it was the easiest task.  Only after years of experience I started to be aware of the affects of light, and how two petals of the same color will actually look quite different.  I must say it was a task for me, and I was very lucky Janet came to my rescue, talking me into using glaze more that I was using until now.  She is the best mentor and a wonderful person too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment